Men’s Garden Club of Youngstown Scholarship
All Applications must be received by March 1, 2019
General Information and Instructions
The Men’s Garden Club of Youngstown has been promoting the education of college students in the field of horticulture through scholarships, since 1991. Scholarships will be $1000 max per student pursuing a college degree in Horticulture, Landscape Design, or allied subject. Only up to 2 students can be awarded in any one year if criteria is met. A winning applicant can only apply 2 times.
•Applicant must be currently a graduating high school senior or currently enrolled in a
credited community college, or university continuing their education in a horticulture program with either horticulture or floriculture as a major at a post-secondary two-or four-year institution.
•Applicant must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 GPA, based on the 4.0 system.
•Applicant must currently live in or have attended high school in Columbiana, Mahoning, Portage, Stark or Trumbull County in Ohio or Mercer and Lawrence County in Pennsylvania.
1. Complete application, form can be found at MGCY Website, (http://mgcy.org/scholarship)
, including requirement of 3 letters of recommendation from 3 professors or two professors and an employer and transcripts described on second page of application.
2. Return all application materials by March 1, 2019
Men’s Garden Club of Youngstown
c/o Robert Schulick
1012 Old Furnace Rd
Youngstown OH 44511
3. Applicants meeting all requirements will be contacted by telephone to schedule a personal interview at a mutual agreed up place.
4. All interviewed applicants will be notified by May 1st of their status with respect to the scholarship.
5. Successful candidate will attend the May meeting of Men’s Garden Club of Youngstown to receive the scholarship.